Save a ton of editing time with Lightroom Presets

Imagine that you are about to start retouching your photo and all the effects you are looking for are just a click away. Have you never thought about being able to work like this?

Well, it’s not as crazy as it may seem at first glance. Believe it or not, it is something that many people use, and that is going to become essential for you when you discover it. In this post, you will see everything you need to edit like a professional without being one.

What Are Presets?

In Adobe language, a preset is a file where all the chosen editing parameters are registered and that you can apply to your photo at any future time. To simplify it a bit, let’s say that, within a preset, all the effects that you apply to one or more photos are stored and that are activated with a simple click.

Now that you know what it is let’s see why they are so useful to you.

  1. Key To Saving Editing Time

Due to their characteristics, the presets will save you 80% of the editing time, while the remaining 20% will be used to make small necessary adjustments. Think that it is normal to take a while to find the perfect retouch for your photo.

Therefore, if once you have found the effect you like, you save your edition as a preset, you can access it with a single click as many times as you want. Also, you can create and store all the presets you want. Check out

  1. Edit Like A Professional Without Having To Be One

The second great advantage of using presets is the ability to use the same effects as pros without having to learn how to develop them first. They not only allow you to edit like a pro but also learn from them.

Acquiring presets from famous photographers or buying them on editing websites will allow you to see how they use it to achieve their results.

For example, using some presets in black and white can teach you everything that is beyond simply converting to monochrome, such as the use of curves, HSL adjustment, etc.